Some information about what we know about the case thus far. This is information sourced from local Tunisian media reports in Arabic and French.
- Perpetrator: Mouna Guebla
- Age: 30
- From Zorda, Sidi Alouane District, Mahdia Governorate (140 miles south of Tunis)
- 15 security officers and 5 civilians injured
- There were no prior indications that Mouna had been involved in jihadi activism nor was she on a government list
- According to ShemsFM, there were 2-3 facilitators for the attack
- Family claims she was radicalized online
- Neighbors and relatives have noted that Mouna has recently traveled and stayed in Ettadhamen for a week, which is an under serviced neighborhood northwest of the center of Tunis that has been known for jihadi activism and foreign fighting
- Two individuals have been arrested for praising the attack online
- Two other individuals in Siliana arrested for glorifying the attack online
- One individual arrested from Ariana for celebrating the attack online
- Updates to follow
1 thought on “Details/Updates on the Tunis Police Attack”
Reblogged this on .